A live online 4-hour workshop. What do you do when you witness or commit a microaggression? What are ways we can work to prevent them? Join this generative workshop where we will identify challenges and devise tangible solutions for responding to and recovering from these all too common forms of oppression. This engagement is highly interactive and designed for folks who have gone through at least one EDI-related training.
What you’ll walk away with:
- A deep understanding of microaggressions and microaggressions, as well as the many ways they present themselves in the workplace.
- Strategies for interrupting a microaggression you witness.
- Personal practices of what to do if you commit a microaggression.
- Knowledge of common microaggressions that occur at arts organizations and nonprofits.
- Strategies for mitigating microaggressions in organizations.
- Group-generated specific policies, practices, and actions that can act as remedies to microaggressions.
All of our trainings and workshops are built using our Authentic Design Practice – learn more here!
We are working to grow more pathways of accessibility into our practice and engagements. There will be live transcription available through the Zoom platform. You will be asked about additional access needs during registration and we will do our best to meet them. If for some reason we are unable to accommodate, we’re happy to issue a full refund.
What You Need:
- Computer with Zoom installed and internet access.
- Pens, pencils, markers
- paper to take notes on
- Ruler or other straight edge