A live, 4 hour training, Foundations of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) introduces the core concepts of implicit bias, privilege, belonging, and cultural allyship. Drawing on creative and holistic methodologies, the training is a combination of learning modules, interactive activities, and discussions.
What you’ll walk away with:
- Knowledge of the relationship of equity, diversity, and inclusion to creating authentic belonging.
- Understanding privilege and social location, and how to use them for good.
- How to see different types of bias and the ways they show up in our world and our organizations.
- Understanding the design of systemic racism, white supremacy, and white centrality.
- What microaggressions are and how to address them.
- How to engage in cultural allyship as individuals and organizations.
All of our trainings and workshops are built using our Authentic Design Practice – learn more here!
We are working to grow more pathways of accessibility into our practice and engagements. There will be live transcription available through the Zoom platform. You will be asked about additional access needs during registration and we will do our best to meet them. If for some reason we are unable to accommodate, we’re happy to issue a full refund.
What You Need:
- Computer with Zoom installed and internet access.
- Pens, pencils, markers
- paper to take notes on
- Ruler or other straight edge